Top 10 Lessons Learned In Traveling The World 10 Years
Benny Lewis has been traveling the world for 10 years. In his blog he writes: THIS year (2013) I celebrated my TEN year travel anniversary with a much more visual representation of the top ten lessons learned in travelling the world, including the absolute best footage from my travels, and you can hear me speak out the lessons directly to the camera. Here it is. Enjoy!
- Happiness has no price tag.
- Be an imperfectionist.
- The magic happens outside of your comfort zone.
- The world owes you nothing.
- Get busy living.
- Every single person is fascinating and can teach you something.
- It is Ok to say I was wrong.
- The present is what really matters.
- Be generous and kind to others.
- We are all making it up as we go.
I also enjoy his other lessons from previous blog post from 8 year travels with 29 lessons, including the following:
- Everyone everywhere basically wants the same thing
- Deferring your happiness to the future is a terrible idea
- “Someday my ship will come in” is bullshit. You will NEVER win the lottery. Be practical.
- Possessions own you
- Get outside and do something with other people
- Take your time
- You can’t please everyone
- You don’t know what you’ve got ’till its gone
- People are not alone in being alone
- The most important lessons in life can never be expressed in black and white, but must be experienced
Learn more about his lessons from traveling: http://www.fluentin3months.com/life-lessons/